Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Failure & Falling off the First Step!

" Failure seldom stops you, what stops you is the fear of failure"
Jack Lemmon

Okay, I tried to go back to school, I admit I had
great intentions of succeeding & taking that first step
this time out but that was before
I let my emotions of failing take over and
my fear of math! funny cause I use math everyday
by measuring when I cook, balancing a check book
but for some reason Pre Algebra and I just don't get along!
math as I was taught in school is very obsolete it is
a whole new language that I can grasp the concept but

I can't explain it, and of course I was not expecting
Mary's situation to happen either but life does go on
and good things happen to those who wait , I will
be starting a part-time clerical job for a charter school
that I really wanted at the end of the month I applied for
this job last Jan.

perhaps in the spring I can once again take that first step
if not there are other ways I can continue my education
and finish it may not be right away but it will be something
that I do in my life time, heck I may end up being the
oldest college student there is !!!!

another great quote :
by Lao Tzu
"People usually fail when they are on
the road to success, so give as much care
to the end as to the beginning"!

whatever road I am on I am sure
it will lead me to where I am supposed
to be.



3 comments:

JB said...

Someone once said, "The only real failure in life is the failure to try."
You have succeeded in the greatest test there is in life -- that of raising two wonderful children in a hostile world.
If you can do that, you can do anything!

Angela Marie said...

Jeanee is a very wise lady! I have to agree with her all of the way!

Anonymous said...

You are such a strong and deep person, Debbie, and so much wiser than most people know. I am very proud of the woman you have become, and would like to think that my feelings for you as my daughter have contributed to your maturity and strength! Thank you for all the kind words, but know that you have been from the very beginnings loved for the person you are, and will always be a major part of this family, and I'm pleased that Jeff found you and loved you and made you his wife, and the Mother of his children.