Monday, September 10, 2007

My Roman Holiday




About 3 weeks ago my son and his friend and I
attended a showing of the original film
Roman Holiday starring Audrey Hepburn
the boys being the old movie flick kind of
guys that they are( ok better choice of words
patrons of the arts) and desperately adoring
Ms. Hepburn as they
said: "she was a class act" ( I agreed).

I of course let them sit behind me
for fear I would not ruin anything for them
and they appreciated that. after the movie
we decided that they just don't make quality
films like that today it's all about violence
cursing words, and big Hollywood ego's.

the boys were enchanted with the old movie
theater & movie we all felt like we were
in Rome on Holiday! I was glad to tell them what it once
looked like when I was a kid and how I saw
such wonderful movies there including most
of the Disney movies my fondest one of all being
when I saw "Song of The South" which has never been
released.

the movie theater is being restored to it's original
format. the boys were thinking of ways they could
do a fund-raiser for their drama club in that theater.

we decided that the three of us would try to come to
support the arts and watch the old flicks they show once
a month the next one we will see is this coming weekend
it came out 6 yrs after I graduated but they say it is a
classic because it's an old 80's movie. ( that in itself made me
feel old!)

the flick we will see is FERRIS BULLERS DAY OFF!!

1 comment:

Angela Marie said...

I so remember this movie theater! It is so pretty inside! Next time they show an old movie, let me know! I will go with you. I would have loved this movie and to see it in this theater would have been the over the top!