Wednesday, October 10, 2007

psalters



My son loves the study of different cultures
and inherited a love for antiques and old instruments.

we came across a psalter similar to one my husband and
I purchased just recently. my son loves music and he
is the type that can teach himself to play.

the psalter is a very old Celtic type instrument
though it is played with a bow one side sounds like a
piano the other like a harp. it plays beautiful music
the one we purchased is hand made in a small town in
Or. in many ways it is some- what similar to a dulcimer
like they used to play in the old country ( that will be
another instrument my son is wanting to learn how to play)
and I am sure once he masters this he will work on getting
a dulcimer to add to his collection.

I am glad for the love of his music.

2 comments:

JB said...

Deb,
I completely agree. When there is a musician in the house playing his music in the background, the mood of the day is lifted higher for everyone.
My nephew is very gifted in that he has that ear that allows him to learn almost effortlessly. I love his guitar playing.
The psalter is beautiful. I can't wait to hear him play a song on it.

Angela Marie said...

I agree with Aunt Jeanne. I can remember Rob playing the guitar. I always felt the mood change in the house. He would also bring it when we went camping. He also taught himself! I always loved it when he played. I can understand how you feel.

We have gifted boys you and I.
I would love to hear him play. I also would love to see him in his play. You still have tell me the dates. I am really looking forward to that!
:)