Friday, February 1, 2008

Hope you dance

I hope you never lose your sense of wonder
get your fill to eat but always keep that hunger
may you never take one single breath for granted
God forbid love ever leave you empty handed
I hope you still feel small when you stand upon the ocean
whenever one door closes I hope one more opens
promise me that you'll give faith a fighting chance
and when you get the chance to sit it out or dance
I hope you dance

I hope you never fear those mountains in the distance
never settle for the path of least resistance
livin might mean taking chances but they're worth taken
Lovin might be a mistake but it's worth makin
don't let some hell bent heart leave you bitter
when you come close to sellin out reconsider
give the heaven's above more than just a passing chance
and when you get the choice to sit it out or dance

Dance... I hope you Dance...
I hope you dance

4 comments:

JB said...

Beautiful song and message. That's true about facing the ocean to put your place on this earth in perspective. You feel small compared to the vast ocean but you also feel the power of that higher presence, there for you.

Dance and song; vital ingredients to every life.

Love and thanks,

Wanda said...

How very interesting your post on dancing...I was able to have a break an attend a ballet....it was wonderful..and my heart danced.

Yolanda said...

I hope we never lose sight of the message in these words.

Angela Marie said...

I have always loved this song... the only reason why I bought the cd.

beautiful!