Thursday, October 16, 2008

Apple Hill & Then Some


In early September my husband and I took a day trip in the convertible up to a little town called Apple hill it is about 10 miles from Placerville, Ca

we try to go every year in the fall
not just to get apples but also because there are many crafters selling their goods it's just a lot of fun.

this year though they had a bad frost in the spring so the apples did not produce as much as the year before
never the less we had a good time

we ate at one of the local farms outside and I took a photo of the scenery the old water wheel and
arch makes for a pretty photo reminded me of a scene from little house television show!

yes, that is a whole pig on the roaster
this little farm eatery is well known here for their pulled pork bbq sandwiches!



on to the next apple farm and well there was a little old machinery and vehicle museum ( we just took photo of the outside!
there is my fun little VW I love it!

it was kind of hardening to see all the
ranches for sale if I could I sure would like to have bought one and live up here! it is so quite and peaceful.

I came home with some wonderful apples and have them all ready to make some pies for the upcoming holidays.

all in all it was a fun little day trip!

3 comments:

Angela Marie said...

Your day sounds like you had a great time! I have always wanted to do that.

I wonder if I will be sampling one of your apple pies?

;)

Jane said...

I love your car! What a fun day that must have been.

JB said...

Beautiful scenery. I would love to live in that type of area.
Great pictures. Save some apples for a Christmas pie.