Tuesday, April 28, 2009

thought

To get something you never had, you have to do something you have never done.


I love this sentence! I have been concentrating on it for a few days now and when I read it
it is not material things that come to mind it to me is the spiritual things, granted material things
are nice but in time lose some of their value, you usually keep the ones that are sentimental to you tucked away and pull them out when you need to.

yes, of course we need some material things in this day and age to live but lately with the way things are in this world today I sometimes want to go back to the way it was when we did not have all this crazy materialistic things where I noticed lately how kids are falling into the "keeping up with the Jones" value before they even finish school and start to lead their own life.

I was brought up in a family that was not rich by any means and in the heritage I descend from the eldest family siblings help raise and help financially. my eldest siblings certainly lived by that rule! I grew up learning some valuable lessons. as of late with the financial struggles in the world I am going back in my memories and trying to retain those valuable lessons taught. for they were not just about money because we always make do, but mainly about family stability and the art of doing something you have never done. I somehow managed to do that this past month by going on a few hikes. lesson learned I believe that money does not make you rich what makes you rich is the greatest gift of all LOVE.

3 comments:

Yolanda said...

I really liked this and it is something to ponder.

Jane said...

I loved this post today. The opening sentence really grabbed me. As I begin the search for a new job, I have to do things I have never done before. Which is hard for me because I love comfort even if I have totally outgrown it. I started a new blog for my everyday ramblings. My other blog will still be there; just for my art.

xoxo
jane

Angela Marie said...

Great post Tia!

I really understand this... I love our family.

big hugs to you