Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Decisions


My daughter is a senior in high school and is now in the midst of having to make some important decisions of what colleges to apply to, as well as some other decisions. she is feeling the nervousness and I feel it too. My baby girl has grown so fast! and though I know it is time to let her spread her wings and fly I can't help but feel a little bit sad. I felt this way with my son but for some reason the feeling with my girl is hitting me a bit harder is it because she is my only daughter? or the last to leave the nest? I don't really know but what ever decision she makes for herself I will support in every way possible. she has always beat to a different drum and this I am sure will be no different. over the summer she and her brother got closer in many ways they have always been each others rock and this summer she really needed him and us. I am hoping that her choice will be somewhere not to far sort of like my son but she has already told me that though we love going to visit her brother in Santa Cruz she has no plans to apply to that college. I respect that! they need there own places to be. but I am hoping that she chooses some place that is in driving distance I guess we will know this spring.
Until then.

2 comments:

Wanda said...

I left my parents nest at 18 to attend Biola College in Southern CA. It was hard for my mom, but I was young and anxious to make my own way.... Then I fell in love, got married, and never lived at home again. There were times I really missed home and mom....

Anonymous said...

hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....