Friday, May 27, 2011

There's a new kid in town

One of my sister's had a profound Easter week in April  as my husband Jeff and I spent two nights with her in Los Angeles then due to my husband having some business I drove back with my sister to our house as she was coming to celebrate Easter with the family. I drove with her because it  has been quite sometime that she has driven from LA to where we live only because her ex-husband used to do it and since she will be relocating to be near all her family she thought it the perfect time to try the drive and it was a fun! she drove part of the way and I drove the rest it was really good sisterly bonding time! the good news for her was right before we left she got the news that her divorce was final on Monday  it was something that she had been waiting for. she was full of emotion I mean how could she not be but at least she can put it to rest and begin her life at the age of 61! the other good news is her youngest son my nephew and his wife who reside in Japan had their second child a daughter on Friday so they are blessed with a boy and a girl. My sister has been in  Japan in for a week now  to meet her grand-daughter ( then new kid in town ok not in town but the newest addition to our big loving family )

we all can't wait to meet her we have seen pictures thanks to the modern technology but hopefully in December the rest of the family will get to meet her in person! we are just blessed that our family in Japan is doing well and was not impacted at all by the earthquake that happened there. the third good piece of news for my sister that week was her eldest son and his family came down to spend time with her.. I think it was awesome of my nephews they really love their mom and take good care of her since they all have been going through the raw emotions of the divorce. but one thing about my sister stands out she is a survivor and as our mom used to tell us pray for those who act out or those who cause pain because Karma comes around you may never see it happen but it does.

1 comment:

Jane said...

What a great opportunity for you and sister to bond! Divorce is painful but when you get to the other side of it, life opens up again. Hope you are having a beautiful weekend, my dear friend.