Sunday, July 17, 2011

Few

" Few of us ever live in the present we are forever anticipating what is to come or remembering what has gone" Louis L'Amour

The above quote has been resonating me with the past few days, it is no secret that for the past three years my life has been on an emotional stressful roller coaster ride that I hope is in the start of coming to end. this past January I came to the realization that the stress of the situations of the past few years have made me lose sight of me! I can not control what life throws at me but I am learning that I have the control to handle MY actions/reactions of it and I am learning not to let the stress get to me because stress leads to all sorts of mental and physical aliments that I have no intention of letting myself fall victim to stress. I am learning to take a deep breath and take it one step at a time. I am learning that baby steps will lead to bigger steps and before I know it, it becomes a routine and I am so glad that I am finding my routine which is a daily meditation and yoga/ pilates and walking or jogging. . I cannot anticipate what is to come in the future because like the old Heinz ketchup commercial anticipation is keeping me waiting!  but I know with this new insight I know I can and will be able to tolerate the ride  ( i am not a fan of roller coasters to begin with !) , at least this way it seems to make the roller coaster ride  doesn't seem to make me so nauseated !

No comments: