Saturday, March 23, 2013

Thinking of Granny

Today would have been my husband's "granny's" 93 rd birthday so we are honoring her spirit. she was a pure country gal at heart and taught me many things. it always amazed me how women from her age were excellent cooks in that they did not measure anything! she enjoyed teaching me old family recipes so tonight we will indulge in a few of her favorites.  I really clicked with her as she and my mother were only a week apart in age. we lost our beloved granny two years ago. Granny loved all kinds of plants and wildflowers, this photo was taken on a hike and I immediately felt Granny's spirit as the wind began to blow. today we will also plant some wildflower seeds and hope they take flight. I am sure that they will with Granny's spirit guiding us.

No comments: