Thursday, July 19, 2007

Jeanne



This is my sister Jeanne and
her husband Shoji and their sons
Brian and Steven, of course
since this photo their family
has grown she now has two daughter's
Brain and his wife Jennifer had a son
of their own in April, so Jeanne is
NANA and Steven and his wife Motoko
are expecting their little one in the
new year.

In a previous blog I stated that Jeanne's
flower to me is a wildflower, not just
cause of their beauty but because
wildflowers have a free spirit and
my sis Jeanne has always been that
and has shared that spirit with
all that come to know and love her.
It is one of many qualities that
I admire about her.

Jeff and I became close to Jeanne's
family while we were stationed in
Los Angeles. She was there every step
of the way to guide me when I was
expecting Kiel.

She is Kaitlyn's GODMOTHER and
has included Kiel in that capacity
as well, She is known as "Auntie Nina"
to them and they adore her so.

Jeanne is very artistically talented,
another quality I admire, she enjoys making
jewelery and is great on computers, and
she is an AWESOME painter, I recall a certain
pair of Levi's that Jeanne painted on
(era of the hippies and my sis was a special
kind of "beatnik" ) those Levis were there own
kind of "sisterhood of the traveling pants"
I unfortunately never got to give those Levis
a try, always wondered what became of the ol blue
pair.

Another admiration is Jeanne's Passion
she has a passion for her Life, for her family
a passion for her beliefs, is strong in her
convictions.

I love when we talk, I enjoy when we visit
I Love seeing how much her eyes light up
when she talks about her sons and grandson
I respect what a great Mother she is to her
sons,they are the most caring men I have ever
had the pleasure to know and their sense of family
comes from their Mom.

I want to Thank my Jeanne and her family
for being such an inspiration to my children

" The Spirit produces- Love, Joy, Peace
Patience, Kindness, Goodness,Faithfulness
and Self control"

When I think just of that I think
of my sister Jeanne.

3 comments:

Steven said...

Hi Aunt Debbie,

What a nice post to run across my first time checking out your blog!

Thanks so much for all the warm and wonderful things you wrote about our family. You hit the nail on the head: My mom (Jeanne) is indeed a fantastic mother with a genuine passion for her loved ones and her beliefs. When we were growing up, she always stressed how lucky we were to have so much love and support from our extended family.

These days, I'm so far away from you all, and I have been forced to create a warm and loving community of learners and friends... but there's no substitute for the family you've always known--that knows all your childhood dirt!

Hope to be back home for a visit sometime next year. BTW-- Motoko's pregnancy is coming along smoothly, despite some pretty rough morning sickness.

I've subscribed to your blog now, so I'll be reading along regularly:-) Nice writing!

Love,
Steven

JB said...

Speechless and honored are the things I am feeling right now after reading this post.

I can only say that my feelings for you and your wonderful family are pure happiness that we are related.
Being 13 years apart in age, you were only my little sis that I loved but didn't know that well. Living in So. California while the rest of your family is in No. California was at times lonely.
I am so happy Jeff was stationed down south and you moved to my town. I got to bond with you and know you better, as well as Jeff. My kids had a great "new" Auntie and I know they spent quality time at your place.
Then came our darlings, first Kiel then Kaitlyn two years later. They are like icing on the cake.

Angela Marie said...

I loved this post! I remember those Levi's that Jeanne had. I can also remember as a child the music she listened to while doing her art. She was the coolest, free spirited aunt that I had! She stood out from the rest and I always admired her!

I love all of me aunts!!

:)