Sunday, October 5, 2008

Adjusting

It has been two weeks since we moved my son up to his dorm at UC Santa Cruz, before he left I was already going through an "adjustment period" of sorts, I know it is all part of growing up but I have been adjusting with each of my kids having a boyfriend and girlfriend ( they both have been dating for the last two months!) don't get me wrong I knew this would happen one day. each of the kids friends are really sweet, the first photo is my daughter and her boyfriend Patrick, he is a character, my daughter says he really has a good heart and after getting to know him for almost two months I can see what my daughter means he is a hard worker and he indeed cares for my gal and yes he does have a good heart. ( he likes to bug me when he is around but I am adjusting to it!)


My son's girlfriend is Bryce she is a nice girl and they have been friends since high school. Bryce is headed back to the Coast Guard in January
he and Bryce have a lot in common besides being Black belts in Aikido they are both kind of nerdy!
Bryce also has a kind heart.
for each of my children I know they will have many girlfriends and boyfriends but this is all kind of new to me hence me "adjusting" I guess it's the mom mode in me that does not want either of them to go through heartache which will happen so I am trying to be the best supportive mom I can be regarding this dating stuff! "adjustments" to me in my own opinion is really "acceptance" and so I accept the challenge of adjusting to the new stages in my kids life that teaches me new lessons everyday. at least they all seem to like each other's choices! ( as stated in previous blogs my children are each other's confidants and best friends.) so it makes it nice that they all get along.

I have adjusted to my son's not living at home while he is at school pretty well, ( ok it's only been two weeks and so I am still in an adjustment period) we talk at least once a week or email or text new technology seems to be great for that. in fact last week he text me "mommy" usually I am only called "mommy" when he is sick and yes, he had a cold, he is better now. at least he text to seek my comfort. he is adjusting and liking all his classes which is good he even got into one he really wanted by crashing it and well most of all is work this quarter is reading
( which he likes to do) and writing papers ( which he is good at) so this should be good for him.

"adjustments" or "acceptance" I know that I will have to do this many, many more times in my life time! I just hope I have the patience to get me through!!!( just Kidding!)

3 comments:

Wanda said...

Wow, adjusting. I'm remembering all those adjustments when our kids were dating...

Now it's my grandchildren...Oh my it never stops.

Jane said...

I love these photos! My kids are only 10 and 12...I've got a few years to go with the dating scene. Still, I look forward to all the new stages and phases to come!

JB said...

Thanks for the cute pictures. It is fun to live through those time again, but from the girly point of view.

Love ♥♥