Saturday, May 8, 2010

Stronger Woman

I have been away from the world of blogging my expressions for most of this year. reason being I have had so many things going on in my family life that made my heart not want to express anything I have been kind of numb. though I know that if my heart would have been in it my blogger friends would have been there with love and support.

Growing up I had the pleasure of learning from my mom and she was the strongest woman I have ever known. watching her strength through any situation always made me in awe of her, even though she lives in my heart she guides me through.

My number one priority has and always will be my family
and I try to do the best that I can to be there with all my love and support.

My husband and I just celebrated our 27th wedding anniversary I remember when we first started out because our relationship was so very quick people would tell us it won't last funny thing those people that told us that they have been divorced and remarried several times.

My husband had an injury that was work related three years ago and been living in pain and surgeries and diagnosis and dealing with attorney's hopefully this is about ready to come to a conclusion and I am confident that he will come out the winner in his battle. I have really been living in this pain with him this injury caused him so much turmoil that it literally took over not only his life but OUR lives. now things are returning to normal. Though it has been hard my children have been my rock through all of this..

My son is doing well in college gosh he can grad early next year if he chooses but has decided to take the extra year. haven't seen much of him this year as being a resident aide for the dorms keeps him busy but have enjoyed when we do spend time next year will be the same. I can't believe I am the mother of a 20 yr old.

My daughter is healing after going through a really bad experience and I am so glad that she has not lost who she is and I am grateful that she and I are so very close. She will be graduating high school in 6 days, she has a new boyfriend who my husband and I adore and can see the young man becoming our son in law in the future. in a few weeks she will be 18.

it is interesting just how strong a person finds out they are when they are going through situations that they feel they have no control over. I have felt so many emotions some that made me feel guilty for feeling that way to the point that I began to feel like I was losing sight of who I am and still want to become, but again my family comes first then me I think that is how women are made.

I guess I find that I am my mother's daughter and she was a strong woman so I am grateful that every aspect of her is in me her love, her strength, my daughter has a favorite saying
" Be the woman you would want your daughter to be" she says that I am her inspiration when she thinks of that quote. I guess I am my mother's daughter and my daughter is mine.

Happy mother's day and peace and hugs


1 comment:

Jane said...

This was a beautiful post! I can relate in so many ways. I used to think that my difficult times were my fault as some sort of pay back for things I did wrong. It took me so long to realize that those hard times were really gifts for me to learn and grow from. My husband and I got engaged very quickly after we met. We have such a strong and loving relationship. It may have sped up faster than most but we also knew it was right from our very first date. I don't have a strong relationship with my daughter which makes me very sad. She is so much like her father. We have a long way to go but I pray that we get there some day.