Tuesday, July 16, 2013

This N That


As summer is now upon us I have been reflecting of the things I am hoping to do while on my summer vacation. some will be striking things off my bucket list. and others will be cause it's something I have always wanted to do and mostly I am going to be spontaneous and see what will take place.

The first big thing is that my only son is relocating to Seattle and instead of two hours away from our home he will now be 14 hours! don't get me wrong, I am excited for him he has a good job which transferred there, he has good friends and he already has a place to live. and of course we will face time on our iphones once a week as usual but my baby (which he will always be) has grown up and is such a fine man. I can't believe how the years have flown by but I am very blessed that he is such a caring hardworking individual and I wish I had more time this summer to enjoy hanging out he only had one day with us before he set off to a new chapter is his life, I am thankful for the time we had with him he is now in his second week of living in his new surroundings and loving it he can not wait for us to come and visit him he his already making a list of places for us to go.

My daughter had some major changes this spring/summer she broke off a three year relationship with her boyfriend I am so proud of her as painful as it is she knew it was the right thing to do in order for them both to be happy and so a new job for her as well and in about 6 months time she will be done with college and working towards med school. I know today is bittersweet for her, as she and her friend ( yes her ex boyfriend ) say good bye he is relocating to live with his grandparents in Az. I think it is a blessing that they were both able to remain friends.

My husband finished one of his trade schools and will begin the other in August it is kind of nice having time to spend vacation with him. tonight we are going out to the movies and in a few weeks we will be taking a mini road trip before I have to go back to work and school.

here are some of the things on my summer this and that to do list:
canning
beach hang out day with one of my sisters
coffee with a dear friend
hang out shopping day with my daughter ( probably have a few of those)
continue redecorating my kitchen
making homemade wine for my first time
wine tasting
concerts ( Gordon lightfoot is one, oldie but goodie)
antique shop

I hope my dear blogger friends have a fun summer of this and that.


1 comment:

CrystalChick said...

Hello! Visiting from Jane's blog.
Gosh, our kids grow so fast, don't they. I've been busy lately going thru some photos for a 'then/now' theme. It's fun, but also weird too to look back and try to remember certain things.
You have a good list of summer activities. Mmm... homemade wine... sounds good!