Saturday, January 5, 2008

calamity Jane









Since it was raining and pouring and
my old man was definitely snoring!
and when the weather is like this
I like to stay in and bake and watch old movies
so today I decided that is what I would do
I made my mother's sweet bread and then I
had some left over choc kisses so I made my son
his favorite peanut blossoms because I had made
my daughter her favorite Oreo truffles.

getting back to the movie I chose for my first movie
one of my all time favorites ( and I have plenty in fact
my list seems to grow!) Calamity Jane. I remember this
movie from my childhood and I still laugh and sing along
with the songs. Doris Day happens to be one of my favorites and
this particular movie is my favorite of hers.

I love all kinds of movies ( OK I don't like scary horror movies)
I like love stories, mysteries, musicals, comedies, drama. Disney movies

the bread and cookies came out fine, the movie was fun
and then I listened to the pouring rain it does at times
make a beautiful sound. I thought I would
get away from not going out in it but wouldn't you know
I had to pick my gal up from a birthday party!

well that's a mom for you.

3 comments:

Isadora said...

How right you are. During the snow I made peanut butter cookies - can't tell you when was the last time I've baked.

We have the same taste on entertainment too. (By the way, is Doris Day still alive?) I want to be entertained not scared out of my wits, thank you very much. Life is an adrenalin rush if you live it with purpose (and sometimes scary enough) why would I PAY someone to scare me???

Angela Marie said...

I like to try to stay in and watch old movies too... BUT, then your cRaZy daughter comes in and makes you walk in the rain!

;)
Well, thats mom for you! HA HA!

You had a kind of day I would have loved to have had. I am glad one of had it!

I think Doris Day is still alive. Doesn't she live in Carmel? Doris Day is one of my favorites too. She always looked like a real live Barbie to me.

love you

Yolanda said...

Sounds as though you had a good time.Stay safe and happy this new year.